Lissan is an enchanting country house at the heart of a 267 acre demesne nestling in a prime location in the valley of the Lissan Water. The estate lies just 1.5 miles north of Cookstown at the foot of the Sperrin Mountains in County Tyrone.
Established in the early 17th Century and home to the Staples family for almost 400 years it was gifted in trust for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone.
Following extensive restoration Lissan House opened its doors in the Spring of 2012 to reveal original interiors with modern facilities and interactive exhibits.
Lissan House Trust cordially invites you to visit ‘This Golden Place’
- Take a fascinating tour of ‘The Big House’
- Venture through the ancient woodland, along forest trails and riverside paths
- Explore the picnic areas and children’s adventure playground
- Enjoy taking part in our calendar of activities
- Make Lissan the venue for your special day.
Contact Shona Holmes
Visitor Services Manager,
Co. Tyrone BT80 9SW
T: 028 8676 3312
T: 074 3576 8816
Directions & Map
Click here for more information.